Pacuare Rafting & Riverside Ecolodge 2 Days
Treat yourself to an exceptional experience combining our thrilling Pacuare River rafting trip with staying overnight in the rainforest. You will enjoy two incredible days of whitewater rafting the Pacuare River and a night at the National Geographic award-winning riverside eco-lodge.
We will pick you up the first morning from your San Jose area hotel and take you to the river, stopping along the way for breakfast. When you arrive at the rafting put-in, you will meet your certified rafting guides and get outfitted with all necessary equipment. They will give you a comprehensive rafting safety talk and instruct you on paddling basics.
After a few hours of paddling easy Class 2 and 3 rapids and a stop for a riverside picnic lunch, you will arrive at the ecolodge in the heart of one of Costa Rica’s most impressive primary rainforests. Completely sustainable, the lodge is powered by on-site hydroelectric energy. Deluxe comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and hot water showers are the perfect setting for an incredible night sleeping to the sounds of nature.
In the afternoon, you can enjoy activities like guided rainforest hikes, bird watching, self-guided walks to waterfall pools to swim, and relaxing in a hammock. Evening brings happy hour and a delicious dinner in the open-air pavilion amid the vibrant sounds of the jungle and river.
In the morning, after breakfast, you’ll pack up to raft out through the famous Pacuare Gorge. The experience is unforgettable as you raft exciting Class 3 and 4 rapids past cascading waterfalls and magnificent jungle. Watch for brightly colored tropical birds flying overhead and other exotic wildlife. Along the way, you’ll stop for a picnic lunch that your guides will prepare. When you reach the take-out point, you will go to a place where you can shower and change clothes and then return to San Jose.
- Professional, bilingual, internationally-certified rafting guides
- Rafting equipment
- All meals for two days, except dinner on day two
- Accommodation at the ecolodge for one night
- Guided nature hikes – vary depending on climate and difficulty level requested
- Changing rooms and showers after rafting
- Secure, dry transport of your luggage in a dry bag
- Transportation from and to San Jose (minimum 2 persons)
ITINERARY DAY 1
- Early morning pick-up at major hotels in the San Jose area
- Costa Rican style breakfast on the way to the Pacuare River
- Transfer to Pacuare River rafting put-in
- Safety orientation and paddle instruction with rafting guides
- Raft down Class 2 & 3 rapids through primary rainforest
- Picnic lunch along the river
- Arrive at the award-winning riverside ecolodge
- Dinner and overnight at the lodge
ITINERARY DAY 2
- Breakfast at the lodge
- Raft down Class 3 & 4 rapids through the Pacuare Gorge and lower Pacuare
- Picnic lunch along the river
- Finish rafting at the take-out point and transfer to a place where you can shower and change clothes
- Transport back to your hotel in San Jose
Typical Costa Rican breakfast: pinto, eggs, ripe plantain, cheese, bread, fruits,
orange juice, and/or coffee.
Burritos (ground beef, ground beans, cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion, sweet pepper,
cucumber, chimichurri, sour cream, mayonnaise, tomato sauce, mustard) fruits and dessert.
Sangría, chips, and ground beans.
Grilled chicken breast with mushroom sauce, rice, salad, juice, water, and dessert
Pancakes, bacon, eggs, fruits, coffee, and/or orange juice
Wraps (wheat tortillas, bread, refried beans, ham, turkey ham, yellow cheese,
white cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion, sweet pepper, cucumber, chimichurri, mayonnaise,
tomato sauce, mustard) fruits, cookies, water, and natural juice.